Monday, July 26, 2010

Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art-Las Vegas




When you think of Las Vegas museums, I bet you expected The liberace Museum or the Neon Museum.










But I found "Figuratively Speaking" at the Bellagio Gallery. Well, really Amy suggested it, and it was well worth leaving the sun and pool to see paintings, photographs, sculptures and video by traditional and contemporary artists, from the 1800's to present day.











"The Sweeper"
Pierre Renoir 1889














"Celia in a Black Slip"


David Hockney 1973












"Paul IV"
Chuck Close 2001




This was one of my favorites.







The painting is made up of these small shapes, used in a grid-like pattern.














"Woman with Beret"


Pablo Picasso, 1938






A sculpture that really fascinated Amy and I was a form of a person, covered in crocheted granny squares, with jack-in-the-boxes sticking out all over it. (I know that sounds a bit bizzare) I can't remember the name of the piece or the artist, but will keep working on trying to find it. You can see it in the top box of this Bellagio video link.

No comments:

Post a Comment